LOHAS Internship Job Description
The LOHAS internship is a part-time, or full-time school year remote or in Louisville, CO based LOHAS office position for a student or recent graduate seeking experience in event planning a sustainable business environment.
Hours per week: 10-25 (will escalate as LOHAS conference gets closer)
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Event project intern will report to and work directly with Executive Director, Production team, sales manager organizing the annual LOHAS conference, LOHAS.com web content and LOHAS e-weekly newsletter. Intern will gain skills in event project management, sponsor management, speaker management, online event marketing and sustainable business content; managing multiple projects with deadlines and various online platforms – Drupal, Compendium, Get Response, Eventbrite and Regonline.
Candidates must have strong verbal and written communications, be a self starter able to take on projects and responsibilities confidently and have strong writing and editing skills. Other essential skills for a successful internship include familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google +. HTML background a plus.
- Manage the delivery of LOHAS e-weekly newsletter
- Update relationship contacts and outreach lists
- Assist with marketing outreach via social media and online promotions
- Assist with sponsor relations and materials needed
- Upload sponsor logos and information on to LOHAS.com website
- Upload speaker details on website
- Update online program
- Pass sponsor deliverable details to event coordinators
- Load sponsor details into LOHAS HUB
- Be on call meetings regarding event logistics
- Coordinate with volunteers
- Assist with publishing LOHAS.com blog posts and comments
- Assist with event set up and registration
- Assist with attendee QA, onsite logistics
- Assist with event tear down
- Must be motivated and determined to succeed
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all departments
- Must be able to meet deadlines on time in a diligent and professional manner
- Must be familiar with MS Office (excel, word) and comfortable learning new online platforms
- Must be a student or recent grad interested in LOHAS values
If interested please contact us.